文学，修身养性，丰富内涵;艺术，陶冶情操，提升品位。“文学与艺术”主题与我们的实际生活密切相关，对学生了解国内外的文学与艺术形式，及其特点、历史、发展与创新等都有帮助。该主题能够引导学生接受和尊重不同国家和民族的文学与艺术，并亲身感受文学与艺术的魅力。“文学与艺术”主题涉及的主要内容有：（1）Forms of literature and art（play， drama， novel， essay， poetry， short story）;（2）Famous literature people and artists。
Chaplin—a famous comedy actor
Chaplin was an extraordinary performer 1. starred in and directed many outstanding comedies. Few were bored watching his moustache， his gestures or his 2.（entertain） reactions when chased by detectives. Being drunk， sliding on a banana skin or whispering his own failures to nobody， he made us feel more content with our life without any verbal 3. （explain）. His particular sense of humor has astonished everybody throughout the world up to now.
In a smallbudget film， he played a badlyoff and 4. （home） person wearing wornout shoes and messy clothes. On one occasion， he 5. （trap） by a snowstorm in a vast 6.（mountain） area. 7.he overcame many difficulties， he wasnt fortunate enough. With all the porridge 8. （eat） up， he picked out a shoe and boiled it to eat. He cut off the leather bottom and chewed it like a pancake. According to 9. actress， his acting was so convincing and amusing that everybody couldnt help 10. （burst） into laughter.
1. comment v. & n. 评论
2. describe v. 描述;形容
description n. 描述;描写;类型
3. recommend v. 推荐
4. display n. & v. 展示;陈列
5. inspiration n. 灵感;妙计
inspire v. 鼓舞;启发思考
inspiring adj. 鼓舞人心的
6. performance n. 表演
perform v. 表演;做
performer n. 表演者
7. imagination n. 想象力
8. design n. & v. 设计;构思
designer n. 设计师
9. admire v. 欣赏
admiration n. 钦佩;羡慕
1. adapt...from... 根据……改编……
2. be based on 以……为依据
3. be set in 以……为背景
4. have an influence on 对……有影响
5. put on 演出;上演
6. play the role of... 扮演……
7. give life to 赋予……生命（力）
8. on exhibition/display/show 正在展出
1. adventure story 探险小说
2. crime story 侦探小说
3. thriller 惊险小说
4. mystery 推理小说
5. horror fiction 恐怖小说
6. science fiction 科幻小说
7. childrens literature 儿童文学
8. classical literature/works 古典文学/作品
9. biography 传记
10. autobiography 自传
11. drama 戏剧
12. essay 论说文;小品文
13. reportage 新闻报道;报道文体
14. poem 诗
15. fairy tale 童话故事
16. fable 寓言
1. crime film 犯罪片
2. thriller film 惊悚片
3. horror film 恐怖片
4. martial arts film/action film 武打片
5. romantic film 爱情片
6. documentary film 纪录片
7. military/war film 战争片
8. detective film 侦探电影
9. comedy 喜剧
10. tragedy 悲剧
11. TV series 电视连续剧
12. chat show 访谈节目
13. quiz show 知识竞赛节目
14. soap opera 肥皂剧
15. sports program 体育节目
1. Chinese landscape painting 中国山水画
2. oil painting 油画
3. watercolor 水彩画
4. charcoal drawing 素描
5. portrait 肖像画
6. sculpture 雕塑;雕刻作品
7. statue 塑像;雕像
8. wood carving 木雕
1. This new film is said（adapt） from a novel by Jane Austen.
2. Harry Potter stories are so
（appeal） that they encourage children to read
3. Today the Swedish Academy is coming under heavy（criticize） both from within and outside.
4. She wanted to work for a bigger and more（influence） newspaper.
5. The Academy has defended itself against such charges of（狭隘） in its selection.
6. As your close friend， I know you are fond of Chinese culture， especially （戲曲） culture.
7. I have made some Chinese knots by myself， which can be used（装饰） my house.
8. I noticed that in front of the （画廊） stood many students holding flowers， waiting for the arrival of the famous artist.
9. As we all know， Xu Zhimo was a very famous Chinese romantic（诗人） who lived in the early 20th century.
10. The novel was first written in English and later（translate） into Chinese.
译法二：（简单句;in the possession of）
译法四：（定语从句;in possession of）
1. She graduated from the Shanghai Conservatory of Music， she also studied the guzheng in 1993.
2. The moment they start to play， it is clear that the members of Twelve Girls Band are among the most （gift） musicians in the world.
3. In addition to the awards themselves， there are also （performance） by famous artists at the ceremony.
4. Therefore， the Grammys are not taken （serious） by some musicians or music fans.
5. As well as （attract） huge audiences in its Hong Kong home， Cantopop has spread offshore， and its stars are known in Beijing， London and New York.
6. My elder brother thinks staying at home and reading some classic works quietly in a situation of his own can help him （well） understand the authors ideas.
7. British artist L.S. Lowry， is one of Britains best loved painters， whose paintings of industrial， workingclass Britain brought him popular （famous） in the UK.
8. Benjamin West， the father of American painting， showed his talent art when he was only six years of age.
9. Williams， a wellknown painter， came to see him work， and （impress） with Benjamin and gave him two classic books on painting to take home.
10. It was not long the artists career began to take off.
1. Songs that are spoken rather than sing are called rap.
2. While it is likely that Benjamin West understood very few about the books， they were his introduction to classical paintings.
3. These were the first pictures and first real brushes Benjamin has ever seen.
4. Those two books on painting were my companions by the day， and under my pillow at night.
5. For the last 115 years， the Swedish Academy has decided who will receive the Nobel Prize in Literature， thus determines who will be promoted from the great and the near great to the immortal（不朽的人物）.
6. Critics argue that the select of the winners often has less to do with true writing ability than with the peculiar politics inside the Academy and Sweden itself.
7. If for no other reason， the Nobel Prize in Literature will continue to be desirable for the financial rewards that accompany them.
8. The Swedish Academy says that its physical distance from the great literary capitals of the world actually serves to protect the Academy from many outside influence.
9. His works have had a influence on many modern writers.
10. As we all know， Chinese knots means reunion， friendly， warmth， peace and love， so I think they will sell well.
The literary life of Robert Frost： An overview
Robert Frost（1874—1963） was the statesman of American letters in the twentieth century， a rare national poet who was read and 1. by both university professors and everyday citizens. Robert Frosts poetry is 2. read， and he is also one of the most 3. writers in the United States for the complexity of his poems.
Though born in California， Frost 4. up in New England. After 5. out of Dartmouth College to seek his literary dream， he remained unknown for years. Finally， Frost left the United States in 1912 to see whether his work might be 6. received in London. Fellow American poet Amy Lowell adored（崇拜） Frosts work and brought it back to the United States， publicizing it insistently. Soon afterwards Frosts collections became 7.， and Frost became a famous figure.
From then on， Frost was on his way to the lifelong respect and 8. for his achievements in poetry. In 1961， he was invited to read a poem for the presidential inauguration（總统就职典礼） of John F. Kennedy. This was perhaps his last poetry reading in front of a wide national audience before his death in 1963. More 9.， Frost became the first poet 10. a poem at a presidential inauguration.