The verb “get” has many different meanings and uses. Look in a dictionary and you will see hundreds of possibilities. Its also used as a substitute （替代） for the verb “be” in the passive voice-but not always. It depends on the verb.
1. Professional athletes get a lot of money for simply playing a game.
They get paid a lot.（被動）
2. A lot of leaves got into the gutter （排水沟）， so now I have to get them out of there.
3. When a tomato gets red， you know its ready to pick and eat. Ill get a lot of tomatoes from my garden this summer.
4. He got breakfast ready for his wife very early in the morning. She just got up.
5. He got tied up （被动）by someone who broke into his house and stole all his things.
6. Theyre working very hard to get the dishes done. Getting the dishes done by hand takes longer than using a dishwasher.