Are you an English teacher？ If “yes”， then take pride in yourself！
The other day， some of my colleagues and I took part in a teachers gathering held by the local education authourities， which was aiming at enhancing the communication between teachers from different schools. At the gathering， we chatted happily. Suddenly， an idea occurred to us that we could ask the teachers from other schools to guess which subject we teach at school. Surprisingly， all of those who were asked to could dope out my subject except one who just became a teacher last year. When I asked them how they managed to figure it out， they smiled and answered with just one word： “intuition”.
I always believe that all the English teachers have something in common that distinguishs them from other teachers. Look at the English teachers around you， make comparison with other teachers， and you may have some findings.
Now， as an English teacher for about 10 years， I will share my findings with you：
1. The adjectives such as “fashionable， pretty， handsome， lively， cool” etc. are an important part of the comments on English teachersappearances.
2. Generally speaking， English teachers speak Putonghua better than other teachers， even better than lots of Chinese teachers.
3. Its not difficult to find versatile English teachers who are brilliant and active. They show up more often on stage.
4. Most English teachers are easy-going， kind and open when getting along with others， and therefore they are often more popular with students.
5. English teachers are often more romantic in their life and full of passion in their teaching. 生活中，英语老师更浪漫；工作中，他们充满激情。
6. English teachers often behave more naturally and gracefully in open occasions.
7. English teachers can often step out of the sophisticated world and conventional life style and enjoy an independent life of their own， caring little about fame and profit， which may explain why there are few leaders among them.
8. Most English teachers are essential optimists， and appear younger than other teachers of the same age.
9. English teachers often lead the fashion of life and closely keep up with the time. 英语老师通常引领时尚，紧跟时代潮流。
10. English teachers are more ready to accept new ideas and notions of foreign culture with their knowledge of the subject they teach.