1. Its important for us to learn a f____ language well.
2. The boy likes planes very much and he wants to be a p____ in the future.
3. Peters d____ is to be a famous reporter for magazines.
4. We are going to m____ to Paris next month.
5. ——I cant find my pen.
——Dont worry. You must put it s____.
1. Mr Gates is much ____(rich) than Mr Brown.
2. Lucy bought some music ____(instrument) yesterday afternoon.
3. Kim likes reading magazines. She is a good ____(read).
4. Tom practices basketball every day and he wants to be a basketball ____ (play).
5. Who ____ (teach) you English last year?
1. Diana is going to be a teacher when she ____.
A. will grow up B. grow up C. grows up D. grew up
2. ——What ____ you ____ to do next month?
——Hold an art exhibition in the museum.
A. are; going B. are; go C. do; going D. do; go
3. ____ quiet, please. We are having a meeting.
A. Have B. Make C. Keep D. Hold
4. We are going to move to ____.
A. quiet somewhere B. somewhere quiet
C. quiet anywhere D. anywhere quiet
5. ——Where are you going in your following vacation?
——____. Its famous for fashion shows.
A. New York B. Beijing C. Moscow D. Paris
6. Sally is going to learn ____ an instrument this year.
A. play B. to playing C. played D. to play
7. Im going to ____ to Beijing on vacation this summer.
A. travel B. move C. get D. take
8. ——How about visiting the Palace Museum first?
A. Yes, we do B. Yes!Lets go
C. No, you shant D. Its a pity
9. Stay at home today. You may do ____ in my house.
A. you want to do B. what do you want to do
C. what you want to do D. you want
10. Take exercise ____, ____ youll become stronger and healthier.
A. every day; or B. everyday; and C. everyday; or D. every day; and Ⅲ.补全对话。从方框中选择恰当的句子完成对话，有两项为多余选项。(5分)
Alan: Betty, what does your father do?
Alan: Do you want to have the same job as your father does?
Betty: Oh, yes. Sometimes its a little dangerous, but its exciting. __2__
Alan: Im going to be a bank clerk.
Alan: Im going to study math really hard.
Alan: Im not sure yet. Maybe Alice Spring, the famous bank in the town.
Betty: Lisa, do you want to be a bank clerk, too?
Lisa: No, not really. I want to be a teacher. __5__
Betty: That sounds interesting.
A. I love children very much.
B. How are you going to do that?
C. Hes a police officer.
D. What are you going to do in the future?
E. I really love music.
F. Where are you going to work?
G. When are you going to study?
The students of Class Three __1__(have) a hot discussion about profession (职业) in the future.
Liu Ming __2__(stand) up and said, “Im going to be an engineer when I __3__(grow) up. Ill build a big factory near the center of our city. I can make pianos, violins and other musical instruments. After I make much money, I can __4__(build) a new school for the poor children.”
“Im going to be a model,” said Li Ying. “And Im going to __5__(hold) fashion show all over the world. After work Ill read a lot of books and learn a lot from them. I think I can be a good __6__(read).”
“My favorite basketball player is Michael Jordan. Im going to be a player because I want to exercise more __7__(keep) fit,” said Zhang Min.
“Im going to be an actor,” said Li Lei. “I can make much money and __8__(save) it in the bank. Ill be a rich man. After I retire, Ill __9__(move) to somewhere quiet. And Ill enjoy __10__(write) and painting. I can live a happy life.”
Zhou Tao finds a __1__ in a big supermarket. He __2__ to the supermarket very early on the first morning.
The manager is very __3__. “You are a good boy. And you come here a little __4__ this morning,” says the manager. “Work hard and youll have a good __5__ in our supermarket.”
“Thank you, Mr Liu,” says Zhou Tao.
“Your work is __6__ the floor,” says the manager. “__7__ me, please. Ill __8__ you a new broom.”
“Do you want me to sweep the floor?” asks Zhou Tao. “I study in the university (大学) __9__ four years. I was a student six months ago.”
“Im very sorry, Mr Zhou,” says the manager with a smile. “I forget it. Now I must __10__ you how to use the broom first.”
1. A. work B. job C. thing D. food
2. A. go B. to go C. going D. goes
3. A. happy B. sorry C. nice D. well
4. A. late B. early C. earlier D. later
5. A. leg B. face C. head D. time
6. A. sweep B. sweeping C. sweeps D. swept
7. A. Follow B. Tell C. Forget D. Answer
8. A. make B. take C. give D. buy
9. A. with B. for C. on D. in
10. A. teach B. put C. let D. like
1. Huang Fang wants to ____ when she grows up.
A. travel all over the world
B. get good marks in exams
C. win the English Olympic Competition
D. study abroad
2. Li Qiang didnt watch to the end of the Spring Festival Eve Variety Show last year because ____.
A. he felt the program was boring
B. he was not allowed to do so
C. he had some homework to do
D. something was wrong with the TV set
3. Which of the following is NOT true? ____.
A. Wang Rong and her friend are not in the same school
B. Wang Rong can see her friend very often now
C. Wang Rong misses her friend very much
D. Wang Rongs school is half an hours ride from her friends
4. How old is Elizabeths sister? ____.
A. 14 years old B. 18 years old C. 10 years old D. 4 years old
5. The four persons in the passage are talking about their ____.
A. hobbies B. wishes C. subjects D. friends
The only good sales job I had during college was selling baseball tickets for the NBA Rockets. It was phone sales. Im a fan, so I loved going to the park every day and seeing games for free and meeting some of the players.
Its true that the best and most useful jobs I had were through the universities I attended. I had worked at the Ohio States library. And it was such a great job though it didnt pay really well but the hours were completely flexible(有弹性的) around my schedule(时间表) and it put me in the library every day. The library is really a better place to work in than in the KFC. At Kent I had an office job, at least what I got to do is to design some different kinds of computer programs.
Now, I am doing a job in a restaurant. Restaurants arent bad places to work on the whole. If you work in the kitchen you will learn how to cook—a most useful skill indeed. I think that you should at least pick a restaurant where the patrons (老顾客) are expected to leave tips(小费).
1. Whats the only good sales job the writer ever had?
2. Did the writer earn much money when he worked in the library?
3. Does the writer think the KFC is a good place to work in?
4. Where does the writer work now?
5. Is it a good way to learn to cook to work in the kitchen?
Im Hector. I want to be __1__ when I grow up. So I need good eyesight and I have to take flying lessons. I really enjoy traveling and I hope to see the world.
Im Vince. My dream is to build the longest bridge in the world. I want to be __2__ in the future.
My name is Ted. I want to be __3__. Im going to take acting lessons, and maybe singing and dancing lessons, too.
Im Mark. I want to be __4__. I know that I have to train hard every day. It isnt easy, but Ill keep on doing it. I want to be just like my hero, Michael Jordan in the future.
Im David. I want to be __5__. Im going to a cooking school in Europe. I hope I can work in a five-star hotel in Beijing when I grow up.
A. an actor B. a report C. a chef (厨师)
D. a pilot E. a dancer F. an engineer
G. a basketball player H. a driver
The king of the insects(昆虫) wanted to h__1__ a party. All the insects who didnt marry could take part in it. The king wanted them to know each other and marry. Before the party began, he a__2__ them to introduce themselves.
A girl came to the stage and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, Im a n__3__. My job is giving an injection (打针).”
A girl with golden hair was laughing when she was coming to the stage. “Hi! Im a flight attendant. I make much money and s__4__ it in the bank. Im a r__5__ girl.”
“Good evening, everybody,” a girl said with a smile, “please look at my beautiful clothes. Im a model. I often have fashion show.”
A boy jumped onto the stage and said, “I drive a helicopter(直升飞机). Im a p__6__. Im going to be an astronaut.”
“Im a big boy,” a fat boy said to the people. “My work is very fashionable. I work on the Internet. And I have my own home page. There are many i__7__ in my office. Welcome to my home page.”
A thin boy said with cried voice, “I am a carrying worker. I m__8__ things to my home every day. It sounds l__9__ a hard job, but I like it very much. I dont want to r__10__ until Im 70.”