1. It will be bad for your health to eat_______ food and take_______ exercise.
A. fewer； more B. more； less
C. little； much D. less； more
2. Look at that red car！I think its_______ in our city.
A. more beautiful B. so beautiful
C. the most beautiful D. most beautiful
3. —Is your father a doctor？
—Yes，he is. He_______ in Town Hospital.
A. has worked B. had worked
C. works D. worked
4. —_______is “Lucky 52” shown on CCTV-2？
A. How often B. How long
C. How soon D. How many times
5. I followed him to see_______ he was going，and I was very surprised when he went into the police station.
A. how B. where C. why D. what
6. —Who taught_______ French？
—Nobody. She learned all by_______.
A. herself； her B. she； herself
C. her； herself D. her； she
7. The policeman told the little boy_______ football in the street. Its dangerous.
A. not play B. not to play C. not playing D. to play
8. —Will there be more people in 100 years？
A. Yes，there is B. No，there isnt
C. Yes，there will D. No，there will
9. Emily hasnt been to London. I havent，_______.
A. either B. also C. too D. already
10. What_______ can you see in the picture？
A. other B. any other C. else D. others
11. —Why dont you have a notebook with you？
—Ive_______ it at home.
A. lost B. forgotten C. found D. left
12. I usually forget_______ the door，but I remember_______ it when I left yesterday.
A. closing； closing B. to close； to close
C. closing； to close D. to close； closing
13. Most families in China now have only one child. Parents should teach children_______ others when they are young.
A. where to play with B. how to get on with
C. which to play with D. when to get on with
14. —Hi. Bob！I cant find my history book. Have you seen it_______？
—Sorry，I havent. Why dont you ask Jim？Perhaps hes seen it.
A. somewhere B. everywhere C. nowhere D. anywhere
15. What_______ to her yesterday evening？
A. was happened B. happened
C. happening D. happen
16. “_______your dirty shoes and put on the new pair，” Mum said to Tony.
A. Take off B. Turn down C. Try on D Put up
17. He was_______ sad at the bad news that he could hardly say a word.
A. very B. so C. too D. much
18. Hungry，he began to look for some food as soon as he_______ home.
A. came to B. got C. arrived at D. got to
19. You mustnt forget_______ your dictionary when you come here tomorrow.
A. to bring B. bring C. to take D. take
20. Is it_______ that you are going to America？
A. really B. the true C. real D. true
Once a little girl wanted to find love. She knew it was a long__1__to find it，so she got food and drinks ready for the journey and started off. When she passed three streets，she saw an old man__2__by the roadside. He looked very__3__. So the little girl gave him some__4__. The old man took them and__5__at her. The smile was so beautiful that she wanted to__6__it again，so she gave the old man a coke. Once again he smiled. The little girl was very happy. They sat there all the afternoon，eating and smiling.
When it got__7__，the girl decided to go home. She gave the man a hug(拥抱) and the man gave her his biggest smile. The girl got home. Her mother felt__8__when she saw the look of joy on her face. The mother asked__9__made her so happy. The girl said，“I had lunch with an old man. He has the most beautiful smile in the world.” At his house，the man said to his son，“I ate some cakes with a little girl today and she is__10__happier than when I first saw her.”
1. A. way B. street C. time D. life
2. A. standing B. lying C. sitting D. sleeping
3. A. lonely B. ill C. poor D. hungry
4. A. money B. tea C. clothes D. cakes
5. A. looked B. smiled C. laughed D. pointed
6. A. feel B. hear C. see D. taste
7. A. bright B. dark C. long D. cold
8. A. surprised B. angry C. interested D. sad
9. A. who B. what C. why D. where
10. A. much B. more C. less D. little
Mr Brown was a man of forty-five. He was so careless that he often made many people__1__. Once Mr Hill，a friend of his，gave him a call. Just at that moment he wasnt__2__. One of his workmates，Andrew，gave him a telephone massage as soon as he came back. Mr Hill asked Mr Brown to dinner the next evening. He put the message on the table and__3__it.
The next afternoon，after he left his office，Mr Brown got on a bus and met Andrew there.
“Where are you going now，Mr Brown？” asked the young man.
“Of course Im going home.”
“__4__you remembered the message yet？”
And it reminded Mr Brown of it. He asked the driver to stop at once. He jumped off the bus and ran to the bus stop and got on another bus. But it was__5__. When he got to Mr Hills house，the party was over. He found a__6__and sat down. He saw there was just a roast sucking pig(烤乳猪). He__7__it very much and called out happily，“Good__8__！Im just sitting next to a fat pig.”
Suddenly he saw a fat woman who sat just near him looking at him angrily. He__9__that he made a mistake. He said in a hurry，“Im__10__，madam！My words do not aim at you，but at the roast one.”
1. A. strange B. happy C. unhappy D. sad
2. A. busy B. free C. out D. in
3. A. left B. saw C. heard D. forgot
4. A. Have B. Havent C. Were D. Werent
5. A. late B. early C. in time D. on time
6. A. row B. team C. seat D. group
7. A. disliked B. liked C. hoped D. interested
8. A. meat B. happiness C. news D. luck
9. A. told B. said C. knew D. cried
10. A. afraid B. sure C. clear D. sorry
Water never stops moving. Snow and rain fall to the earth from the sky. That water runs down into rivers and lakes，and sometimes it makes waterfalls. Finally，the water runs out into the sea.
How does water get up into the sky？It evaporates(蒸发) from the ground. The sun changes water into gas，and it goes up to make clouds，but its still water. The water you drink could be the same water that dinosaurs(恐龙) drank！
But too much of our water today has been polluted. Our water may never go away，but a lot of it is becoming too dirty for us to drink！
1. Which of the following can be filled in the boxes below to show how water cycles？
A. (1) clouds， (2) rain， (3) rivers， (4) sea
B. (1) rivers， (2) clouds， (3) rain， (4) sea
C. (1) clouds， (2) rivers， (3) sea， (4) rain
D. (1) rivers， (2) sea， (3) rain， (4) clouds
2. Water evaporates because_______.
A. it never changes
B. it never stops moving
C. the sun turns it into gas
D. it runs into the sea
3. The underlined sentence means that_______.
A. water may change into other forms，but its still water
B. water may go away
C. there are still dinosaurs on the earth today
D. dinosaurs drank water as we do
4. The water problem we are facing now is that_______.
A. too much of it has evaporated
B. a lot of water has been polluted
C. a lot of water flows into the sea
D. a lot of water has polluted
5. The best title for this passage is “_______”.
A. Water Pollution
B. How Water Changes into Clouds
D. Water Cycle
Mr King teaches us physics this term. He works hard and is friendly to us all. We like his classes and love the old man.
But sometimes Mr King forgets things when hes thinking over some problems. For example，he wears his wifes hat or gets on a wrong bus. We all know him well and nobody laughs at him.
One afternoon it was very hot. Mr King was thinking over a problem in his room. He forgot to turn on the electric fan(电扇) and he was all wet with sweat.
His wife came back and saw this. She asked him to have a bath. He thought she was right and went to the bathroom. He didnt stop thinking while he was lying in the bathtub. Suddenly he found he was still wearing his clothes. He jumped out of the tub，took off his clothes quickly and looked at them carefully. He found they were dry and then said to himself，“Luckily I havent poured any water into the bathtub！”
6. Why do the students love Mr King？
A. Because he is often forgetful.
B. Because he teaches them physics.
C. Because he teaches well.
D. Because hes worked for a long time.
7. When does Mr King forget things？
A. When he is lost in thought.
B. When he has a lot of work to do.
C. When his wife doesnt take good care of him.
D. When he is ill.
8. Mr King was all wet through because_______.
A. the problem was very difficult
B. he took off his coat
C. there was water in the bathtub
D. it was very hot in the room
9. The underlined word “bathtub” means “_______” in Chinese.
A. 水池 B. 水缸
C. 浴室 D. 浴盆
10. Mr King thought_______，so he hurried to leave the tub.
A. he was lying in the bathtub full of water
B. he forgot to pour some water into the bathtub
C. the water in the bathtub was too hot
D. the water in the bathtub was too cold
Do you wonder why your classmates always get higher marks than you？If you think it is because they are cleverer than you，you are really wrong，according to American authors Wood Smethurst and William Luckie. In their book，Study Power，they say that successful students are not cleverer than others and that they just know the best ways to study for exams.
“The best way to study is to study actively，” say the authors. You must ask yourself questions as you work. If you are studying Mao Zedong，for example，you can ask yourself to write down everything good that he did for China. Asking yourself questions like that will help you remember information better and faster. To study better you also need to make the best use of your time：When you study，the authors say，only go on for 20 minutes at a time. If you study for longer，you will start thinking about other things and not learn anything. The authors also tell students to listen to everything their teachers say in class and write it down.
The authors say that everyone can get high marks if they learn actively and follow their tips.
11. According to the passage，some students are successful because they_______.
A. work hard
B. know the best ways to study
C. are cleverer than others
D. write what the teachers say down
12. How can you remember information better and faster？
A. By asking the teachers for help.
B. By reading Study Power.
C. By asking yourself questions.
D. By studying for long.
13. How long does a student study best at a time？
A. For more than 20 minutes.
B. For about 30 minutes.
C. For only 20 minutes.
D. For less than 30 minutes.
14. Why cant students study for long at a time？
A. Because they want to have a rest.
B. Because they will think about other things.
C. Because they will have exams the next day.
D. Because their teachers ask them not to do that.
15. To do better in exams，you should_______.
A. work hard in class
B. make the best use of time
C. think of questions
D. A，B and C
Many people think that we can learn a lot about the culture of a foreign country simply by living in that country. However，it isnt true. Often the longer we stay in a foreign country； the more we realize how little we actually know about the culture of that country.
Books and talks about other peoples culture can even be dangerous because they concentrate on cultural differences and exaggerate(夸大) national characteristics，and sometimes a lot of information they contain is untrue. In a survey recently carried out in Britain，people were asked to make a list of anything that they thought was typical of Britain and would interest a foreign visitor there. Most mentioned Shakespeare，the Queen，village inns. English folk dancing，football hooligans(足球流氓)，umbrellas，English castles，cricket，and fish and chips wrapped in newspaper. Although all of these features can be found in British culture，they do not reflect the real interests of ordinary British people. They are，in fact，wrong stereotypes(模式化的形象成见)——that is，general features which people wrongly think are typical. What is surprising is that they were suggested by British people themselves as representing their culture！If people have such a wrong impression of their own culture，how much more false their impression of other cultures would be！
16. If we stay a long time in a foreign country，_______.
A. we will sometimes forget about the culture of our own country
B. we can often learn a lot about the culture of the foreign country
C. we will usually become aware of our own ignorance(无知) about its culture
D. we can rarely find out anything at all about its culture
17. It is hard to learn about a countrys culture from books because such books_______.
A. concentrate on the dangers of the foreign culture
B. exaggerate national characteristics
C. ignore cultural differences
D. contain little information about culture
18. Many British people said that typical features of Britain were_______.
A. village inns and castles
C. foreign visitors
D. British people themselves
19. When asked about their own culture，many British people_______.
A. argued they knew little about British culture
B. said they themselves were not typical of British people
C. gave incorrect answers
D. were surprised by the questions asked
20. It is easy to_______.
A. know some information about your own countrys culture
B. be aware of the culture of other countries
C. give accurate information about your own country
D. know a foreign countrys culture by living there for a period of time
1. One of them cant get in，because they have only one t_______to the concert.
2. People will get a_______if you cut in line.
3. China has a p_______of over 1，300，000，000.
4. The highest t_______today is 10℃.
5. B_______Chinese and math，we have to study English，physics，history and so on.
6. There is a loud k_______on the door. Who is it？
7. “Good morning！Can I help you？” the shop assistant said to me p_______.
8. I heard someone was badly hurt in the traffic a_______.
9. She found a w_______on the ground and there was a lot of money in it.
10. M_______comes after February.
1. When I got to Hawaii，I_________ _______ _______ _____(爱上) it at once.
2. Your clothes are________ _______ ______(过时). Maybe you should buy some new ones.
3. We_______ ________ ______(应该) get there at ten oclock tomorrow morning.
4. They will_______ _______(赠送) these books to the students in the poor villages.
5. I_______ _______(浏览) the newspaper，but there was nothing new.
run out of，turn down，wait for，take care，get along
1. —Would you mind_______ the radio？I want to study for the science test now.
—OK. Ill do it in a minute.
2. —Oh，Dad！I want to wear the new jeans Mum bought for me yesterday.
—Put on your uniform. Youd better_______ not to break your school rules.
3. —Why are you looking so worried，Martin？
—Because I_______ my money. Could you lend me some？
4. —You_______ quite well with your new neighbor，arent you？
5. —Well go to see a new movie. Could you go with us？
—Oh，no. Its too late. Mum must_______ me at home.
Ⅴ. 句型转换 按括号内的要求改写下列句子。
1. I was sleeping when he came in. (对画线部分提问)
_______ _______you_______ when he came in？
2. People wear their best clothes on the festivals. (改为同义句)
People________ ______ on the festivals.
3. We can see some children playing with fire. (改为同义句)
Some children________ _______ ______ playing with fire.
4. He got up very early. He could catch the early bus. (合并成一句)
He got up very early_______ _______ he could catch the early bus.
5. I think you found your keys. (改为反意疑问句)
I think you found your keys，______ ________？
Good morning！Now let me tell you the result of our group.
Ⅰ. 1-5 BCCAB 6-10 CBCAC 11-15 DDBDB 16-20 ABBAD
Ⅱ. (A) 1-5 ACDDB 6-10 CBABA
(B) 1-5 CDDBA 6-10 CBDCD
Ⅲ. 1-5 ACABD 6-10 CADDA 11-15 BCCBD 16-20 CBACA
Ⅳ. A) 1. ticket 2. annoyed 3. population 4. temperature 5. Besides
6. knock 7. politely 8. accident 9. wallet 10. March
B) 1. fell in love with 2. out of style 3. are supposed to
4. give away 5. looked through
C) 1. turning down 2. take care 3. have run out of
4. are getting along 5. be waiting for
Ⅴ. 1. What were，doing 2. dress up 3. can be seen 4. so that
5. didnt you
Ⅵ. One possible version：
Good morning！Now let me tell you the result of our group.
Wu Jun cleans up rooms at weekends and Jia Mei likes cooking dinner with her mum. Wang Ping sometimes washes clothes for her family. As for me，I usually help my father water the flowers.
In my opinion，it is necessary for us students to do some housework. By doing it，we can help our parents and understand them better； we can also learn to take care of ourselves. Besides，we can relax ourselves from hard work and develop our abilities.
Thats all. Thanks for your attention！